Northern California Fire Lawyers
Fire Attorneys in Northern California
Being the Voice for Wildfire & Brushfire Survivors
Northern California has been beset by a series of devastating fires in the last few years. Some of the worst of those fires have been laid directly at the feet of Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Faulty and poorly maintained electrical wiring owned by PG&E can come loose due to strong gusts of wind, sparking brushfires in isolated sections of the landscape. By the time these fires are reported to authorities, they can spread to hundreds or thousands of acres, destroying everything in their paths.
The Law Offices of J. Chrisp proudly offer our legal services to survivors of NorCal fires started due to the negligence of a third party, like PG&E. As long-time Northern California residents, our attorneys have extensive experience investigating and handling fire claims in the past. We know that our clients are going through what might be the most difficult time of their lives. Our representation brings a unique combination of genuine compassion and impressive legal experience.
Managing Wildfire Claims So You Can Focus on Recovery
Our attorneys from The Law Offices of J. Chrisp in Northern California would be honored to act as your legal representatives after a wildfire destroys your property, causes you harm, or ends the life of a loved one. After such a devastating event, you should be able to focus on yourself and trying to recover as best you can. Rather than getting elbow-deep in legalese and paperwork, allow us to act on your behalf and manage your case from start to finish. We are here to help you file a claim against PG&E or any other liable company, regardless of which brushfire ravaged your property and wellbeing.
Three recent wildfires linked to PG&E negligence include:
- 2019 Kincade Fire: More than 77,000 acres were burned in the 2019 Kincade Fire, which began near Geyserville, California. A total of 374 structures were destroyed, about half of which are homes, and another 60 were damaged. Entire vineyards were left scorched. No deaths were reported. A faulty PG&E line connecting to The Geysers geothermal plant is suspected to be the source.
- 2018 Camp Fire: Also called the Butte Fire, this blaze burned 154,000 acres, destroyed nearly 20,000 structures, and claimed 85 lives. Early investigations led The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CalFire) to determine that damaged PG&E powerlines in the areas sparked dry brush in the region, beginning the inferno.
- 2017 North Bay Fires: A collection of more than 170 fires raged across NorCal in 201, resulting in hundreds of thousands of acres burned, thousands of structures destroyed, and 44 deaths. CalFire pointed at faulty PG&E powerlines as the source of most of the blazes.
If your life was turned upside-down and devastated due to a wildfire started due to PG&E negligence, then the utility company should be the one to pay for all your damages. Using our in-depth experience with fire claims and investigations, our attorneys can accurately calculate your damages, including likely future damages due to your displacement and hardships. We do not stop fighting until we secure every last penny of compensation you need to get your life back to something that feels normal again.
Damages in your fire claim may include:
- Residential, commercial, industrial and vineyard property loss
- Profit loss due to business destruction, such as scorched vineyards
- Medical costs associated with fire- or smoke-related injuries
- Emotional scarring and lingering traumatization
- Loss of companionship if you lost a loved one to a fire
- Wages lost due to displacement or loss of life
The Law Offices of J. Chrisp has managed high-stakes cases for our clients in the past. If you lost your business or acres of land due to a PG&E-related fire, you can trust in us to tally your damages and demand the maximum amount on your behalf.
Isn’t PG&E Filing for Bankruptcy?
In light of the damages caused in 2017 and 2018 NorCal fires, PG&E has actually begun a bankruptcy filing. Damages associated with the blazes have rapidly run through the company’s funding. However, PG&E has toyed with the idea of creating a multibillion-dollar fund to repay the survivors of the Camp and North Bay Fires. The same fund might be applicable to Kincade Fire claims as well.
It is important to realize that PG&E’s bankruptcy has not shielded the company from lawsuits filed against it for damages stemming from its professional negligence. If you have lost your property, business, or loved one due to a wildfire in Northern California, do not hesitate to reach out to our NorCal fire lawyers from The Law Offices of J. Chrisp to see if you have a chance to seek compensation. We can also help you understand your homeowners' insurance policy, so you don’t get pushed around by your insurance provider.
Contact us at any time to begin your claim. Free consultations are available by calling our law office at (707) 549-8166.
“They were very helpful in ensuring I was properly paid for all and any medical costs related to the injury.”- Amy C. - Napa, CA
“Went the extra mile to help reduce our medical bills and we are very grateful for his efforts.”- Keith W. - Cloverdale, CA
“The settlement was far above the offers from the insurance adjusters initial ridiculously low offer.”- Gary L. - Ukiah, CA
“Jesse has a phenomenal balance of assertiveness and strength along with warmth and approachability (to his clients).”- B. V. - Santa Rosa, CA
“He literally got me 11x more than what the others had tried to get me to settle for.”- William W. - Santa Rosa, CA
Contact us by calling (707) 549-8166 to discuss your case with an experienced and compassionate injury attorney. Our legal team is eager to hear your story and help you take your fist step toward recovery.
Also serving the following areas: Solano, Contra Costa, Alameda, San Francisco, Butte, Glenn, and San Mateo.