Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Northern California
Providing Relentless & Committed Representation since 2010
While any type of accident on the roadway can be precarious, motorcycle crashes are particularly dangerous. Since the driver is exposed to the elements and not restrained or protected by seat belts, air bags, or a steel frame, the threat of serious injury or death is high. If you have been involved in a motorcycle crash and are able to walk away, you are one of the lucky ones.
But, even if you live through a motorcycle crash, you still have plenty of consequences and side effects to deal with. Odds are, you have probably suffered some personal injuries requiring moderate to extensive medical attention.
Some of the most common injuries associated to motorcycle crashes are:
- Bone fractures. Since motorcycles cannot physically stand upright on their own, accidents cause the bike to fall over. In this case, the driver can suffer broken or fractured bones.
- Road rash. Because motorcycles do not enclose the driver, occupants usually make contact with the road surface during an accident. Even with protective clothing, this high-force contact can leave severe skin abrasions known as road rash. These could be minimal scratches, second-degree burns, or third-degree road rash, which completely removes the skin.
- Head injuries. Some of the most serious injuries related to motorcycle crashes are head injuries. Although wearing a helmet can seriously reduce the risk of head injury, it does not completely eliminate it. Motorcycle accidents that throw the occupant to the ground can lead to concussions or serious brain damage.
Call our experienced Clearlake motorcycle accident attorney today! Get started with a FREE consultation.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Just like after a car accident, it's important to make sure that injuries are treated as quickly as possible. If you're able, move yourself and your motorcycle out of the path of flowing traffic. Unfortunately for Northern California motorcyclists, the freeways are fast-moving and dangerous. After you've already crashed, the last thing anyone wants is to get run over by oncoming traffic.
If you're able, taking pictures of the immediate damage, area, and time of day is helpful evidence to have when it comes time to file your injury claim. Requesting a copy of the police report is also helpful, as well as your right. Of course, exchange information with the other driver: name, license information, auto insurance, and contact information.
Finally, contact a Clearlake motorcycle accident attorney. So often motorcyclists are blamed for accidents and that simply isn't always the case. Protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve by contacting an attorney as quickly as possible after your accident.
When Should I Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If you were involved or injured during a motorcycle accident, it is imperative to reach out to an experienced lawyer near you. At the Law Offices of J.Chrisp, our team of motorcycle accident attorneys have years of experience and have reviewed many cases throughout those years. The sooner we get the details of your incident from you, witnesses, victims, healthcare providers, or police, the better chance we have of building a solid case. It is easy to forget important details of an accident after days, weeks, or months after an accident, so it is advisable to reach out to an injury firm right away.
What Is the Most Common Cause of Motorcycle Accidents?
Hands down, the most common cause of motorcycle accidents is negligence. Frequently, this negligence is on the part of other motorists who are distracted, speeding, or simply not paying attention. Unfortunately, this can have disastrous consequences for motorcycle drivers and their passengers.
What exactly does this negligence look like? Essentially, any time another motorist (or any person/party) fails to uphold the duty of care they owe to others, including motorcyclists with whom they share the road, that person or party has acted negligently. Negligence can include careless, reckless, and/or unlawful driving behaviors.
Examples of this negligence include:
- Texting while driving
- Driving drunk
- Looking at a cell phone or hand-held device while operating a vehicle
- Violating traffic laws
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Opening parked car doors into lanes of traffic
- Cutting a motorcyclist off in traffic
- Merging into a motorcyclist who is lawfully lane-splitting
- Turning across an oncoming motorcyclist’s path
- Engaging in road rage and reckless or aggressive driving
- Unsafe passing
All of these and other driving behaviors constitute negligence and, when a motorcyclist is injured due to someone else’s negligence, he or she has the right to take legal action against the at-fault party.
Why Choose Us?
At the Law Offices of J.Chrisp, we have plenty of experience with personal injury cases resulting from motorcycle crashes. If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our motorcycle accident lawyers in Northern California. We also serve clients across Clearlake, San Francisco, and Santa Rosa.
You should choose the Law Offices of J.Chrisp because of our:
- Success. In the past nine years, we have settled thousands of cases and obtained millions of dollars for our clients. When you choose the Law Offices of J.Chrisp, you are choosing a high success rate.
- Experience. While most personal injury lawyers are only familiar with law, our attorneys are extremely knowledgeable with the insurance industry and the field of medicine. We know which doctors the insurance companies want you to go to and how they treat cases. We can guide you through the process and avoid pitfalls that destroy most personal injury cases.
- Care. At the Law Offices of J.Chrisp, we treat each case with personal attention to detail. That’s because you are more than another case to us. You are a person with a story. Our attorneys are happy to visit you in the hospital, in your home, or at the scene of an accident.
- Recognition. We are members of the SFTLA, CAOC, AAJ, Lake County Bar, and San Francisco Bar Associations. In 2013 and 2014, we were selected to Northern California Rising Stars℠.
Serving Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake Counties
For more information on how we can assist you with a personal injury case resulting from a motorcycle crash, contact us today by calling (707) 549-8166. We would be happy to provide you with a free injury case evaluation and initial consultation. You can count on our motorcycle accident lawyers in Northern California to aggressively fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. We also offer our services in Spanish.
Dangerous Pool Causes Brain Injured Child $5 Million
Rental Car vs. Motorcycle Rider $4.45 Million Jury Trial
Wrongful Death $4 Million
Hertz Rental Car Accident $3.375 Million
Jury Verdict: Major Head on Crash with Sheriff Leads to Wrist and Ankle Fractures $2.35 Million
Drunk Driver Causes Crash Leads to Concussion $1.25 Million
Car Crash Resulting in Fractured Scapula, Broken Ribs & Concussion $1.25 Million Settlement
Motorcycle Crash Causes Multiple Fractures $1 Million
Dangerous Construction Zone Leaves Edge in Roadway Causes Motorcycle Rider to Crash Leading to Spine Fusion $900 Thousand
Head-On Cross-Over Crash Causes Severe Femur Fracture $500 Thousand
Car Crash Results in Frozen Shoulder $420 Thousand
Apartment Staircase in Dangerous Condition Leads to Knee Replacement $300 Thousand
Committed to the North Bay & Wine Country
Award-Winning, Locally-Recognized Legal Team
Thousands of Cases Handled in North Bay & Wine Country
Well-Known to Local Santa Rosa Insurance Adjusters
Reduce Medical Bills to Keep More Money in Your Pocket
Maximize Case Value for Larger Settlements
Fast Appointments with Qualified Medical Specialists
Cash Advances in as Little as 48 Hours for Certain Cases
Proactive Case Management for Faster Settlements
Never Pay Attorney Fees Unless & Until You Win*
97% Success Rate & Record-Setting Case Results
24/7 Access to Attorneys Working On Your Case